Discover 5 New Applications for Bubble Tubing™
In water, air bubbles reduce transmission of noise. A simple curtain of bubbles (a line of bubbles that rise to the surface from our weighted linear bubble tubing installed on the sea floor) in a marine application limits the propagation of sound waves and the effect of undersea blast shock that can harm marine life. Also known as Bubble Screen, Air Curtain, or Bubble Plume, the applications that require a bubble curtain are numerous:
- Protection from sound shock waves in marine applications ;
- Reduce underwater noise levels that greatly disturb marine mammals (see article: Oil port in Cacouna: worrysome for beluga, available in french only);
- Protection from blasts effects;
- Control movement of marine life (see video on how the bubble curtains blocked jellyfish from intake pipes);
- Control the movement of debris, sediments, etc.
In France, the École Nationale Supérieure de Techniques Avancées (ENSTA, Brittany) has developed Masters and PhD level projects around these issues using our Bubble Tubing™; see article Bubbles to dampen sound (available in French only) . However, this application for Bubble Tubing™ is still rather unknown here in Canada. Understanding more about wave and sound attenuation using bubble curtains would certainly make an interesting study for Canadian university students in the fields of marine biology, oceanography or environmental sciences.
Made in Canada since 2003 by Canadianpond.ca Products Ltd and primarily designed for aeration applications (see quotation below) and de-icing, bubble curtains made with Bubble Tubing™ have an enormous potential that warrants further research, toward the protection of the environment and marine life.
”Overall, the results obtained for the CanadianPond.ca Products Ltd. aeration systems were uniformly excellent and produced some of the highest SOTE values GSEE Inc. has observed.”
Gerald L.Shell GSEE Environmental Consultants, LaVergne,TN,Sept.2011
Bubble Tubing™ is available:
- In India, Randhawa Brosons Enterprises
- In England and Scotland, Coastworks
- In USA, Diversified Pond Supplies
- In Canada and Internationally, by us at Canadianpond.ca! For more information contact us at 1 866 249-0976 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Connected French Articles:
Posted on November 29, 2013, in Uncategorized and tagged Aeration, air curtain, bubble curtains, bubble plume, bubble screen, bubble tubing, bubble wall, cacouna, Canada, Canadianpond.ca Products, Earth Sciences, fine bubbles, France, jellyfish, Marine biology, marine life, marine mammals, oil port, research, shock waves, Sound. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.